Urogynecology Expert Forum
Pubic area pain

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Pubic area pain

I had a bladder sling and full vaginal Hysterectomy in 2004. Yesterday after doing the garbage at work I had felt extreme pain that seem to be concentrated in the pubic area. i have alot of internal pressure at the pelvis area it feels like I need to bear down as if given birth to a baby.The pain is constant and has been on going since after doing the garbage ie repetitive lifting. I live up 4 flights of stairs and it took everything I had to climb them and I didn't get to sleep until 2am and woke up every hour. I must share that I took ibuprofen 600mg that was prescribed for me that was left over but not expired. and that eased the pain from a 10 to a 8. I seem to have a high tolerance to pain but this is crazy.I also notice spotting (blood, and other fluid) in my panties. Help
Hello,   I would suggest you see your doctor to further investigate your complaints.  The most likely cause of your complaints is a urinary tract infection.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD