Urogynecology Expert Forum
Uncontrollable urgency to pass urine

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Uncontrollable urgency to pass urine
I will be sitting down without any urge to 'pee' and as soon as I stand up I have real urge to pee and sometimes I will leak on the way to the bathroom. I go through this at least 10 times a day and sometimes in less than 1 hour after I went to the toilet. And when I pee, it usually lasts only 5 seconds. And I hv to keep going to the bathroom which is very tiring. Pls advise what help I should get. Thank you.