Urogynecology Expert Forum
Ureteral/Bladder Spasms are Unbearable
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ureteral/Bladder Spasms are Unbearable

in 2001 I was diagnosed with IC...have tried "almost"every medication and  procedure known to mankind.  Some narcotics have helped, but hate the side-effects.  This past June(2007) I began to see a Research Urologist at a local medical teaching  University.  She believes I have Severe Ureter/Bladder Spasms, not IC.  Prescribed B&O Suppositories...2 a day...CHANGED MY LIFE.  Pain/Urgency/Spasms are so much more tolerable!  PROBLEM?  For some reason we are no longer able to access the suppositories.  I have been told-"they no longer make them"  to "they can't get the ingredients to make them anymore, but may be able to by November, 2007".  Its Nov 12th and still no word!  Do you know if there is ONLY ONE Pharmaceutical Co. that makes these?  Or are there others?  If so, WHO,What, Where and When?  And, any other suggestions for pain/spasms relief would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.