Ureteral/Bladder Spasms are Unbearable
in 2001 I was diagnosed with IC...have tried "almost"every medication and  procedure known to mankind.  Some narcotics have helped, but hate the side-effects.  This past June(2007) I began to see a Research Urologist at a local medical teaching  University.  She believes I have Severe Ureter/Bladder Spasms, not IC.  Prescribed B&O Suppositories...2 a day...CHANGED MY LIFE.  Pain/Urgency/Spasms are so much more tolerable!  PROBLEM?  For some reason we are no longer able to access the suppositories.  I have been told-"they no longer make them"  to "they can't get the ingredients to make them anymore, but may be able to by November, 2007".  Its Nov 12th and still no word!  Do you know if there is ONLY ONE Pharmaceutical Co. that makes these?  Or are there others?  If so, WHO,What, Where and When?  And, any other suggestions for pain/spasms relief would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Find a small independently owned pharmacy. They may be able to make it up for you.
Also, find a qualified pelvic floor physical therapist. They may be able to release the pelvic floor trigger points which may be contributing to your spasms.

Dr. Hoyte
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.