Urogynecology Expert Forum
spotting for two weeks?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

spotting for two weeks?

Hello,
So i have been spotting with a dark discharge for the past 2 weeks. I have tooken a pregnancy test and it came back negative. I haven't had my period since December but I am usually irregular. I have not been feeling any pain at all. I also have had stool issues for the past couple months. the stool has been coming out in small pebbles with mucous surrounding them. I'm just wondering if any of this is normal or what else it can be? Thanks

Vanessa
Related Discussions
242593_tn?1313867921
Women with irregular periods can sometimes have long periods of dark or bloody spotting. Most important is to check for pregnancy. If you have a positive pregnancy test, and you are spotting, this could be a miscarriacg, or possibly an ectopic pregnancy (which could be life threatening) If you are pregnant and spotting, please get a prompt evaluation by a health care provider (e.g gynecologist) familiar with spotting in early pregnancy.

Cervical infections (Gonorrhea, Chlamydia) can also sometimes cause spotting, as well as infections of the lining of the uterus (endometritis). These are usually treated with antibiotics.

Pebble like stools can sometimes happen if there is not enough fiber in your diet. A fiber supplement and stool softener, and adequate fluid intake can sometimes help with this problem. Bloody or black stool can signal bleeding from hemorrhoids, polyps in the colon, or disorders in the stomach or small intestines. Bloody or black stool should be evaluated by a physician or health care provider without delay.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank