How old is everyone with WM?
I  was diagnoised just after my 18th birthday with Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia, I've been battling WM and SSI for almost 3 years now...how old where when you where diagnoised? I've been told that I'm one of the youngest if not the youngest to have this, not to mention I don't have any of the criteria risk factors that most people have when this contract this. I'm a 20 year old girl of Latin decent, and have never had any other kind of illness ever in my lif I've never even had the chicken pox. Please respond and let me know how old you are or you where when you where dianoised?

About half of patients with WM are more than 60 years old.

You are right, that you are fairly young to have this condition, but the disease in itself is pretty uncommon. This being the case, a pattern of age distribution won’t be as robust as for other cancers like Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

Since you are young, I would wonder if it is not really a leukemia/lymphoma with over production of the IgM component. Some of these hematologic malignancies do evolve over time. Perhaps it is best to discuss things with your doctor to make sure that the disease is still behaving as per the diagnosis.  

Stay positive.
Hi!

I was 29 when I was diagnosed. My doctor believes I'm the youngest person in Sweden to have this condition. The diagnosis was preceeded by a two year long medical investigation as to why my SR was rising. Today I'm 30,5 years old.

Best Wishes:)
My grandmother is 88.  She was diagnosed two years ago, however, she has probably had it for some years as she has been symptomatic.