563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Granulomatous mastitis
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
229 members

Granulomatous mastitis

I was diagnosed with Granulomatous mastitis in October 2012. Oncology surgeon has put me on steroids - wysolone 10 mg for 45 days.  I had taken it for 10-12 days, the abscess (pus) started coming out.  Doctor advised I had to go under surgery to remove the pus - lumpectomy. Surgery happened and I was on antibiotics and steroids for 7 days.  Immediate after 1 month, again the pus started coming out. It was really shocking for us. Doctor tried to drain out the pus,but again the pus collection happened and hardness in the breast.  He had advised to go for aspiration and then he put me on steroids for 30 days.  After 30 days, the hardness area become soft with pus. He drained out the pus and couldn't completely....so got the  hardness again in 2 places now.  Doctor is asking me to go for surgery again.... Please advise.  I'm really tensed and scared of this.. and he is not sure that this will not reoccur again...pls anyone tell me if I should go under surgery?

I read pomegranate juice will help, I started taking it from today.... pls let me know if any other ayurveda or any other medicine will help me....

thank you so much...waiting for your response.

Heathercmck joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 02
ummtalha joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 26
87CareBear joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 19