563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
New member from New Zealand
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
229 members

New member from New Zealand

Hi there - just found this group an I am so amazed!  My GM presented nearly 5 months ago.  It just came up over night but I was very fortunate to get in with a fantastic specialist who diagnosed it within a week - albeit after a few rough days thinking it could be inflammatory breast cancer.  I am 43 and it has been 7 years since I finished breast feeding my youngest son, so I guess I am right at the end of the spectrum with regards to the typical demographic.  My third lesion is about to break through - so another dressing to apply every day!!  My prolactin levels are raised so I am on some drugs for that, I have been on antibiotics this whole time to prevent any secondary infection but I am planning on coming off those this week and will just watch and see what happens.  My health otherwise is ok.  I hate that I can't do the exercise I love - running and swimming.  It's a crazy condition, isn't it?  I find it to be more uncomfortable than painful, constant awareness as opposed to acute episodes.  I know it is going to be a long recovery period, but some days you just get sick of it.  I haven't really changed my diet or tried any natural remedies yet.  Now I have found this site though, I will definitely see what others are trying.  Take care.
1 Comment
Hi there. It was great to read your post as your situation seems similar to mine, including the fact that I am a kiwi. I was interested in the meds you are taking to reduce prolactin levels and whether these are working. I developed gm at 40 years old 8 years after stopping breast feeding my last son. I have had the condition since April 2013 do would be grateful for any tips about what works and doesn't.
Heathercmck joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 02
ummtalha joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 26
87CareBear joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 19