582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Newly Diagnosed
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
318 members

Newly Diagnosed

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am David and live in the middle of the UK. I have had two years of deteriorating health. Symptoms starting off as lose stools, general grogginess getting worse and worse until I ended up consonantly feeling cloudy headed. Massive chest pains. Not being able to put weight on my right foot first thing in the morning. The feeling my back was going to give out all the time, aches down my arms and if I took Ibuprofen it sent my whole body numb. I would end up going to A&E in the middle of the night thinking I was having a heart attack due to the pain and it's location. Even booked in for therapy due to the anxiety attacks. After being put through the hospital with ESG and MRI's with neurologists the doctors started fobbing me off. Saying it was not life threatening and I would have to live with it! It got me so down constantly feeling like I was trapped in my own body and a fear I was going to die from these pains. Wondering which one would be the last one.

Due to my wife getting pregnant I went to my doctor and put my foot down. I said it was not acceptable and if he was not going to do anything I wanted another doctor! A new doctor got all the bloods they do taken and found I had a low vit D. The American would be 9. I am now on 20,000 IU a day (not taking anything else as other levels were OK but, open to advice). It has only been a week and a half but, already feeling less foggy. No where near 100% but a little better. I am now getting massive pains down my arms that is more a burning sensation and in my back. Stools are now more solid (apart from the occasional bad stomach I am getting). I am actually occasionally now having a hour here or there where I feel ok (when resting). I hope this finally resolves my issues so I can be a happy father.

How long does it normally take to start feeling like a human involved in the race again?

1 Comment
Glad to hear you finally got your answer. I am in Iceland and I was 10ng/ml (USA). Heavy brainfog, headache, feeling of just being unwell and a lot more. I  was diagnosed in june but only started on 1000IU but in sept/oct started taking 4000IU and last week 6000IU. The first week I found a relief in my head and I am 70% better in that. I still have a lot of pain in my legs and hips, muscle weekness and chronic fatigue, I am getting better but there is a long way a head. I am also fighting burnout, endometriosis and anxiety and working on all my problems. I have not been able to work since april and I am aiming for a normal life where I can work and enjoy family time :) Good luck

This forum is not very active, I recently started a group on facebook Vitamin D deficiency there is a lot of help you can get. The things I have learned from there is I started taking K2 and having foot baths with epsom salt (instead of taking magnesium) to help the body absorb the d-vitamin. Also take D3 vitamin not D2
AgentJeffy joined this group
Welcome them!
1 hr ago
Odieandmom joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 19
Ecologic commented on mhv's status
Dec 18