von Willebrand Disease Community

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to von Willebrand’s Disease (VWD), which is a bleeding disorder. It affects your blood's ability to clot.

How did any of you with VWD conceive? I've been trying to conceive for over a year and half but it's very hard. I bleed for months at a time.... I have VWD Type 1... Sometimes I'm treated with Stimate...

I want to conceive so badly...but with all my bleeding it makes things very hard...so any suggestions would be very helpful.
Hi and welcome.
I have VWD type 2A and have had 2 children, one of whom has inherited VWD.
I went on BC as a teenager to help with periods but when I came off BC to start trying to conceive my periods never returned, I got pregnant then went back on to BC. Although I had to go on the "mini pill" to start with because I was breast feedind and my periods were awful when I was that. As soon as I could go back to the combined pill I was fine.
So I'm afraid I'm not much help, sorry. I really feel for you, hopefully the stimate will start having greater effect.
Boo x
Thanks for replying...

When I was on BC I had an adverse affect happen...where I hemorrhaged and nearly died. My hemoglobin dropped to 5... and I had to have several transfusions... blech... I hate VWD.
Actually, it was at this time that I was tested and learned I had the disease.

I'm excited to hear that someone out there has conceived without having to have IVF though... and hopefully this will be my month... I'm pretty sure I spotted ovulation and so... I'm just waiting now to see if AF will show, or a positive will show...