von Willebrand Disease Community
Von Willebrand Disease deep bruising

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to von Willebrand’s Disease (VWD), which is a bleeding disorder. It affects your blood's ability to clot.

Von Willebrand Disease deep bruising

Recently I had an injury on my tibia. While there was obvious swelling (that went away with ice) and extreme pain, there is virtually no bruising on the surface. A few years ago my mother had a similar deep bone bruise, but no surface bruising. We both have Von Willebrand disease. My mother's theory is that because of our clotting issue the blood does not have enough time to coagulate and show up on the surface. I was wondering if there is any factual evidence to back this up? Or is there another explanation? Thanks for the help!
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that but I do find that often the harder I bang myself the less the bruise.
Hope you're on the mend too