Acne Community

Acne and flaky skin from nowhere

Since october last year my skin suddenly broke out with acne on my neck and jawline. It also started getting really red, irritated, flaky and burning. It seems to be getting worse with every day. My doctor took some blood tests looking for some sort of hormonal inbalance but didn't find anything out of the ordinary. I'm close to a mental breakdown due to this..

Christina
Hi there,
Acne occurs due to a blockage of oil underneath the skin and builds up with bacteria causing inflammation and develops into a pimple. The common causes of acne are poor diet, stress, genetic, dirt, hormonal imbalances, cosmetics, work-related and drugs. Wash your face with mild soap many times a day. Avoid popping or scratching them. Drink plenty of water. Take a good sleep.Benzoyl peroxide is very effective for acne. You may need oral medications since you have severe acne. It is best to consult a dermatologist if symptoms are severe or persistent. I hope it helps. Kind regards.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions