Breakout of whiteheads

I've never really had acne, just your occasional pimples when my hormones are up, and blackheads. Recently, my whole intire face-excluding the outermost areas of my face, have broken out in very small whiteheads. They're not big at all, it just feels likes very tiny bumps on my face. My face also feels tighter, and they kind of itch. You can only see them when you look very closely. I haven't changed, face washes or face lotions, and this has never happend before. What causes this, and how can i get rid of it?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
im not an expert, but i have the same issue. i haven them all over my face, im using clearasil vanishing cream. i use it every day when i wash off make up. its been working a little and causing those white bumps under my skin to become a lot smaller. but now ive just been squeezing the pus out of the smaller ones, because i dont think there is really any other way.
just dont go crazy on them cause you can scar your face!!
Helpful - 0
Hi. Acne is caused by high levels of, or a particular sensitivity to, the effects of androgens in your body. Androgens stimulate the sebaceous glands which produce sebum (oil). If too much sebum is produced your pores become blocked with oil and bacteria which feeds off the oil. Although high androgen levels are most common during puberty, they can occur at any age.
Over the counter acne preparations tend to be of limited benefit, so see your doctor for one of the many more effective treatments. A topical synthetic retinoid such as Differin is very effective and generally well tolerated. A course of oral antibiotics such as Oxytetracycline 250mg twice daily may also be necessary.
Female acne patients will benefit from taking the combined oral contraceptive pill as the oestrogen it contains blocks the action of androgens on the skin. Avoid the depot shot, everyday pill and hormonal IUD as these can make acne worse.
Elosie.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions