Greasy hair, adult acne, and facial hair.

I'm a woman in my early 30s and have never really had acne before, or at least not badly, but now I'm noticing changes. My hair has become super greasy after only a few hours after shampoo-ing. My skin has broken out like crazy, with pimples similar to boils. Lastly, I've noticed an increase in facial hair. This is so embarrassing and my face literally hurts. I don't know what the hell is going on with my body. I cut soda, fried foods, and chocolate out of my diet. I eat pretty healthy.  I shower daily and wash my face twice a day with benzoyl peroxide.  I don't know what else to do.  Could this be hormonal?  Should I see a doctor?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there, have you seen a dermotologist or endocrinologist?

Derm for skin obv but endo to check thyroid and adrenal glands?
Helpful - 0
Also I have VERY similiar issues to you and my doctor is thinking its adrenal related but for the facial ACNE part - washing pillowcases more often and rinsing with cold water after washing face has helped.

Also - most shampoos make my hair oily- the only one that doesnt? The original Herbal Essences Shampoo! Can't use anything with morrocan oil or anything like that.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions