My Acne problem and cosmetics

I have acne problems, I tried medications but it didn’t work !
so now I thought of heading towards cosmetics!
I have 2 options infront of me: Clarins or Dermatologica

I am very worried and I am concerned ! I dont want my face to be worse than now !
any advices?

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi.
you don't say which medications you have tried, but you must give them about 12 weeks to work. Acne usually responds well to a course of oral antibiotics such as Oxytatracycline 250mg twice a day and a topical retinoid such as Differin (adapalene). Female acne patients will also benefit from taking a combined oral contraceptive pill such as Yasmin or diane35 since the oestrogen and anti-androgens these contain block the effects of acne-causing male hormones (like testosterone) on the skin. If these medicines have resulted in failure or relapse after long term use, you may be a candidate for oral Isotretinoin (Roaccutane) the strongest acne medicine available.
Cosmetics will not cure acne, although camoflague make-up will be helpful until medication has a chance to work. I recommend Estee Lauder's Maximum Coverage foundation, Toleriane by La Roche-Posay or Dermablend by Vichy.
Eloise.
Helpful - 0
I never found a topical medication that worked, although I did find some that made it worse. Makeup always made it worse as well. Try a course of antibiotics. This might or might not work. Remove the scars with dermabrasion.
Helpful - 0
Acne is not incurable. There are quite a number of home-made remedy can really help you in treating you acne problem but the thing is cure wouldn't happen overnight. Have an acne treatment regimen and stick to it. Avoid make-up, it will only aggravate the skin disorder.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions