Acne Community

Waxy bumps under skin on face

Hi, I am 41 years old and growing up never had any problems with acne but as I have gotten older I tend to get cystic acne.  This doesn't happen all the time but when it does it takes forever for them to go away.  Now I am experiencing bumps underneath the skin on my face.  It looks like a pimple but never comes up.  When I try to squeeze it, there is a waxy substance that comes out.  Please tell me how to get rid of these bumps.
Acne is not just a teenage problem it can occur at any age and in the UK, the average age for acne has now reached over 30. It can be caused by coming off contraception, the menopause or using oily moisturisers and anti-aging products. Do not squeeze your spots this will lead to the bacteria spreading under the skin causing more spots, and even permanent scarring. Over the counter remedies are of limited benefit for anything other than occasional spots. See your doctor for treatment, possibly oral tetracyclines and topical Differin. Loiloi x
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions