Wrinkle preventing post accutane treatment?

I've been on accutane for 4 months and it does seem to be working.  Since I've been on accutane, I've noticed that my friends that went on it in thier teens (we're 30 now) seem to have much more wrinkled skin than my friends that never went on it.  I plan to finish out my course, but I don't want the treatment to cause pre-mature wrinkles.  What should I do when I get off of accutane to ensure that my skins stays as young-looking as possible?  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi. There is no evidence that accutane causes wrinkles. In fact, retinoids are used in anti-wrinkle creams. I would avoid heavy moisturisers if you are prone to acne as over use of oily anti-aging products has lead, in part, to the increase of adult acne in women. Loiloi xx
Helpful - 0
the wrinkles are caused by dehydration, drink lots of water and you'll be fine once you complete your treatment they will go away or become less noticeable.

this is my second time taking accutane. DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!
Helpful - 0
i'm 24 and i fear that 6 years afer the treatment, my wrinkles are beyond repair. I've always had a young face by way of structure, but the lines give me away everytime. it's become an obsesion and i search everyone's face for the lines but nobody has them at my age. i can often think of nothing else and though this may be shallow, its harrowing for me and kills me inside. i use alsorts of creams and worry i may over mousturize as i have so millias. what can i do??
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions