Acne Community

help

my skin is very oily and has many pink scars, the acne has subsided after 8 weeks on neobenz, differin and an oral antibiotic, however i do occasionally break out around my period. i was wondering if Microdermabrasion is a good solution to my oily skin, scars and occasional breakouts and if at home microdermabrasion has similar benifits. i am 15 female.

ps  would a chemical peel be better? what about at home chemical peels?
If your acne is hormonal, taking an anti-androgen contraceptive pill such as Diane35 will help. Discuss this with your doctor.
What skincare regime due you use? Estee Lauder make a good cleanser and toner for oily skin called Sparkling Clean. You can use it frequently without irritation. They also make a foundation called Ideal Matte which absorbs the oil in your skin whilst covering imperfections. To target the scars, try Estee Lauder Idealist Skin Refinisher.
Clinique also make a good Blemish Solutions range and a product I like called Even Better Skin Tone Refinisher which minimises the scars acne leaves behind.
Do you mean you are 15 years old? If so I would not recommend home microdermabrasion or a chemical peel. The pink scars you describe are superficial and will heal on their own within a year. Using Idealist or Even Better Skin Tone Refinisher will speed up the time they take to fade.
Eloise x
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions