Acne Community

whats good for getting rid of blackheads

I used to have normal acne. Its nearly all gone now with pro-active! BUT i still have a lot of blackheads, for example on my forehead. It drives me nuts to see them and I'm always worried about my gf getting grossed out by them...what do you guys use to decrease the size or eliminate blackheads all together?
Try the pore strips - there is a key time to pull them off so they are most effective. Also, try gently steaming your face and good, old-fashion excising them. When you do that, use a tissue on your fingers and gently squeeze them out. Best done at night, before bed, and treating it with an antibacterial soap/cream, and then bezoyl peroxide. Blackheads won't and don't come out on their own, you must do it.
You can buy lots of blackhead clearing scrubs at the drug store. But if these are of limited use i would get the prescription gel Differin from your doctor which treats both whiteheads and blackheads. Be careful when squeezing your blackheads out that you do not spread the infection or cause scarring, better still get a beautician to do it. Love loiloi xx
sorry for posting that twice i have an 8 year old with aspergers who likes helping mommy on the computer!
beta hydroxy acid will clear those blackheads.
Love Venora
1. Remove blackheads, either physically or by peels
2. Prevent blackheads by using a salicylic acid, glycolic acid (available on ebay), or benzoyl peroxide wash along with a retinoid (by prescription- this is the best way b/c it has cell turnover and addresses the problem under and within the skin); regular microdermabrasions may be additively helpful
3. For oily skin, carry some salicylic acid, glycolic acid, or benzoyl peroxide wipes and use 2-3 times/day.
dose benzoyl peroxide really eliminate black heads??? is it cheaper than the others?? we have the same problem with kyle75117..
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions