Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

depression

When will it stop!

I just want to be back to my old self and it just aint happnen!!!! Cant do ****! Cant even clean the house, go to the store, i can hardly go to work. Home is good everybody is behind me but seems i need more maybe i sound selfish but im lonely it seems..........dont know what the hell my problem is.........gezzzzzzzz wish i could get over this (if you dont know me im on day 15 i think maybe 16 but whos counting)
Have you tried any amino acids to help? Also SamE 400mg helps this. Check with Dr if on anti-depressants. I have 2 posts in my journals that might help. Thomas recipe and one on amino acids.
Yeah i agree, this whole detox thing is the hardest thing i have ever done.

We will be fine.

Keep busy and exercise, it is the only thing that has really helped (plus this forum).
You need to see your doctor hun. You probably would benefit from a good check-up anyway. Please go, I don;t want to see you give up.
I know this forum has helped. I dont help many on here but i tried, I lurk alot and it has helped i just cant seem to get past depression. I dont even crave the **** dont want it or anything. Not on antidepress but maybe should be. Have been in the past for ( I cant even remember.....car accident/stroke) Im not suffering from stroke made a remarkable recovery docs are shocked just depressed now.......Sorry im babbling
You're not babbling. Makes sense to me. I found dark chocolate (70% cocoa) helped me some. A check up is a good idea, but you can get the supplements, even today.
Seen my doc but didnt tell him about depression. Last time he put me on some kinda super pill and w/ds were  horrible
This last time I w.d, the depression was horrible. It was so bad and I would not have been ok if it weren't for some here. I know what you mean, I didn't want to do anything nor did I care. You just have to try your hardest to get through it. Its hard, I know. But we are here for you. I mean that. Anything you need or want to talk about. Have you tried talking to someone? How about your family dr?
Family doc knows husband too well and gave me xanax......lol. Husband is GREAT but i dont know he wants things im not willing to give and i get depressed maybe its just me
I dont know if this will help, but you can check into yourself and see what you think. I found a website while searching and learning about opiate withdraw. There is a product call neu-recover. It is basically 'brain food' I bought it for my son, but he kinda laughed at me. (addict) It helps to restore the natural brain function with L-Glutamine, 5 HTP etc.. Also I found that pepper extract helps give you a boost of endorphins immediatley when sprayed up your nose (I know this sounds painful) My son loved the pepper spray and went through a bottle in a week. It is called Sinus Busters. ($16)  I had high hopes for helping my son with these products, but he is not open to suggestions much these days. I bought the "vitamins" and also a product called neu-becalmd. Going through my sons addiction and all I have been a wreck! My heart races and I have panic attacks where I cant catch my breath. I tried it myself one night and within 15 min my whole self felt relaxed tingly and at ease. I take them at night now and fall asleep very easily. They are 100% natural. a little pricey though. $35 for the becalm and $76 for the neu recover. Just in case you would be interested.  Also, Oregano Oil is a natural pain killer that is 100%natural. I dont know, hope i dont sound loopy, I am into natural healing and have been so frustrated with my sons drug addiction I have consumed myself with ways to help him. That is all.......
Thanks and no you dont sound loopy my dad has been trying to help with all kinds of natural remedies and i appreciate any advice i can get thank you so much. I always worry about my son (I have 4 kids) but trying to fix me first
Those are listed in the Thomas recipe.
I did the Thomas recipe still on it still depressed