Angina Community
326 Members

nausea, headache, lightheadedness

Hello dear doctors,
I am a man, aged thirty. I don’t drink and I don’t smoke. I also practice sport regularly. About three months ago, I had a lot of work, so I stayed up late for three or two nights. Immediately afterwards, I fell sick. The symptoms I had are the following: vomiting, dizziness, slight pain in my heart, and diarrhea. I could not even drink water, and I lost a bit weight. I visited a general practitioner who told me that it was due to fatigue, stress, or food poisoning. He prescribed multivitamins (effervescent), medicine containing magnesium, and some capsules for the stomach. After a week I felt better.
Almost a month and half later, I fell sick again, but this time it was very serious. I almost DIED. I had the same symptoms, except diarrhea. It was the most horrible experience I went through.
I visited the same general practitioner. He examined me again: no blood pressure, no anemia, no diabetes, no heart problems (connected my hands, legs and chest to a machine), my leg jerked when he tapped my knee with a rubber hammer, After almost 10 days, I felt better.
Now it has been two months after the second time I fell sick, but some time during the day (maybe once or twice a day), I feel a bit lightheaded and a slight. At times I feel nauseous.
I live alone and far away from my family. No one to rescue me if something bad happens. I don’t know what to do. Any recommendations please? Thank you so much in advance.
HI,
The extreme nausea and sickness can be due to dyspepsia, gastritis, peptic ulcer or gastric reflux disease. This can be related to stress and anxiety. Hence you should try to reduce stress which will help to a great extent. Also a consultation with a gastroenterologist is necessary. Endoscopy will be helpful to establish the diagnosis. Hope this helps.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.
Thanx a million
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.