Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
233 Members

Newly Diagnosed

MRI, MRA and Angiogram. I have a aneurysm of the left internal carotid artery where it is intersecting with the optic artery for my left eye. The aneurysm 7x6mm has a wide neck 4mm and 2 nipples (soft areas). The doctor who did my angiogram said he doesn't know what I should do because surgery would be too difficult and coiling might work if they can build a floor! I am 55, survived breast cancer last year, thyroid cancer in 1994. I don't know where to turn or who to contact. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
Hi Deb,

I hope you found some answers.  If not may I suggest you find a facility that inserts a glue type substance called Onyx HD into the aneurysm.  One facility that offers such a treatment is the Penn State Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, PA.  The Neurosurgeon heading the Neurosurgery is top notch.  His name is Dr. Robert Harbaugh. M.D.  Their telephone number is 800-243-1455 for more information.  Good luck and God Bless.
Ed

First, let me express how sorry I am that you are going through this. I posted a question last week and after reading your post I must say I can't imagine how horrible this is for you.  Not only do you have to deal with this new situation, which I agree is terrifying, but you're still recovering physically and emotionally from your recent illnesses.  I have had my share of recent illnesses as well so I know it's overwhelming.  I know the brain can only hold so much so I wonder how much more yours and mine can handle.  I'm quite certain at this point that my 3 aneurysms are operable, I just not certain I want the surgery.  It's terrifying like you said.  I think the suggestion you received from Eddie is one to look in to.  I have no suggestions I'm sorry to say.  I think we're all in unchartered territory and it's extremely difficult to let anyone, qualified and experienced, go into our brains!  I wish I had an answer, I'm looking for direction as well.  Please continue posting and update. I'm new here so is this post and mine only on "newly diagnosed?"  I'll have to play around.  Not sure this helped any but thought I'd try.  

Jeannine
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease