Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community

traveling with medication

hi
looking for some help my partner [in the summer] suffered a pituitary apoplexy and is now on numerous hormones...one of which is growth hormone injection. we are off on holiday end of january and this injection needs to be kept refrigerated.

anyone else has this problem of how to keep it cold ie fridge temperature? we are planning to go up to gatwick the night before, so have the next day/flight to egypt to keep it cold [once there is it fine as it will go in a fridge.

thanks in advance
COMMUNITY LEADER
Depending on the brand, some can use a diabetic set up and just be kept cool. Others need ice and need to be in a certain range of cold or the medication will be ruined. Coolers for the purpose are on sale and some even have a warning when the it gets too warm.

Sorry I was away, I had surgery.