Allergy to composite resin

Has anyone ever experienced a systemic allergy to composite fillings?  Since I had all my mercury fillings removed (by a qualified specialist) and only when I started refilling the teeth with composite resins did I begin to experience itching (a feeling coming from the inside, out).  I had temporary fillings before the permanent ones and those were fine.  When I first had the composite fillings applied, I experienced some sensitivity in certain teeth which my dentist redid and used a protective layer before refilling the teeth.  For about 3 months now I've had to take an antihistamine tablet every other day because the itching keeps returning.  I have ruled out food, chemical and environmental allergies and have been told by a gynecologist that this type of allergy is not due to hormones.  I've asked my dentist if there is any test I can do but he doesn't know of any and I am considering consulting an allergist but I would like to know if anyone out there has ever experienced this and what you've done.

The allergy could be from another source but it seems too coincidental that the itching first appeared after placing the composite resin fillings.

HELP!!
I'm having something similar happening to me. I went to a holistic dentist to have 8 mercury fillings removed, and she removed a couple of white composite fillings that my compatibility test showed I was reacting to.

I had all of this replaced with a supposedly compatible composite, and now I'm in such agony. My mouth, throat, stomach are burning; I have painful reflux, chemical taste in mouth, depression, etc. It's obvious to me that I'm now in an inflammed condition.

I don't know what to do now. Have these teeth removed (and save the good ones)? I'm seriously considering this because I've dealt with poor health all my life, and can't take anymore.

Anyone go the drastic route and take teeth out?
Hi please let me know whether you had gotten help with your problem as I believe I am experiencing same
composite resins filling material is full of formaldehyde, other caustic chemicals, causing acidosis of dental pulp and gums, also root canal sealant is extremely toxic, they use chloroform, formic acid, which is formaldehyde, I had to have 7 root canalled teeth removed, one composite resin filling, there is a fugi filling, that dosent have the resins, I have had urticarial, angioedema for 7 years all related to teeth, no antihistamine worked, no medicine, complain to tga about you story, as I am tga, oral health services, nicnas
My mother has had problems for a year now. Dry mouth. Mucous coming out of the gums instead of saliva. Bad taste; metallic. She can barely eat. Her dentist refuses to help her, and another dentist in town won't take out the resin and put in metal/other. Anyone here have any tips on how she can get help. At the moment I am urging her to file complaints with the state Dentist Board in Oregon and to write up any dentist on Angie's List that scoffs at her and won't help her. This all started when she had old metal fillings replaced with resin.
Where are you in Oregon?  I have chronic fullness/swelling in jaw area, beneath 2 fillings I had replaced with  composite 8 years ago.  Also have chronic red streaks in same place and rash on both cheeks.  I feel attacked neurologically, feel difficulty in breathing.  My dentist doesn't believe me and can't code for gold inlay replacements.  Am considering switching insurance and trying gold foil in just one of my 3 fillings, but don't know if it's worth a shot.  Dentist recured today and they did seem to feel somewhat better but then it seemed as if I could feel my saliva leaching the toxins again.  2 fillings are on buccal pit of rearest lower molars (one left, one right)
I've been reading and searching before I get any more work done. I'm now curious if some dentist a few years back didn't go ahead and put some sort of protectant on my teeth. I've been having problems and don't get along well with petroleum products, flouride, or methacrylates type substances. I need some filling replaced and I'm told I'll feel much better when I get the leaking merc. out of my mouth. Which I pretty sure I will. But when I ask what they are going to put back in, I am thinking no way. I have too many chemical sensitivities. I did find this page on the different cements they can use and it's pretty scary, and I can see where one could have deeper problems arising. I'm very near Tyler and can't find anyone who has safe materials for me.  here is a page, may have to paste it .  http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijd/2012/752861/
Hi, I have the exact same symptoms to yours after getting a composite resin inlay or whatever they call it. Did you manage to get it sorted out and if so, how because the symptoms are very annoying!!!!!!
Hi were you able to get any assistance for your problem?

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community