7 year olds dry patches

My 7 year old son has several dry patches of skin on his arms and legs.  They are about the size of a regular door knob circle.   They have been there since he was an infant.  They don't bother him, but they bother me!  They are not noticable.  Only when I hold him, etc.. do I scratch my head.  How can I make them go away and what do you think they are?

This discussion is related to Dry Spots on Skin (fungus of some kind).  What is it?.
These dry patches can be due to dry skin or nummular dermatitis. The other possibility of such rashes is of atopic dermatitis. Although steroids, are commonly used for the treatment of atopic dermatitis, there are certain other agents also which are used like immune modulator drugs e.g. tacrolimus. These are available in the form of ointments and tend to prevent the recurrence. You can discuss with your dermatologist regarding the right use.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.