Cradle cap or dry skin?

My baby is 6 months old and is exclusively breastfed. I just started to feed her baby food. She developed what I thought at first was cradle cap. But I don't know if it's just dry skin. It's not waxy, greasy, crusty, or yellow. It's just dry, flaky white skin. I just use shampoo but no conditioner. The dryness is just at the back of her head. I live in West Texas, the desert. Is it cradle cap or dry skin? Also, is severe generalized seborrheic dermatitis all over the body? And what is severe?
It looks like cradle cap or seborrheic dermatitis. To treat seborrheic dermatitis in infants, gently shampoo the hair everyday with a gentle shampoo while scales are present. After scales have disappeared, you may reduce shampoos to twice weekly. Then rinse thoroughly and brush softly. For stubborn patches, apply some mineral oil to the baby's scalp and wrap warm, wet cloths around his head for up to an hour before shampooing. Take care that the cloth does not get cold. If the symptoms persist then topical drugs and shampoos are needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.