Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.5k Members

Dark, flaky patches of skin on face?

For the last year or so, I have had two patches of skin on the sides of my chin, each about the size of a quarter. The patches are flat and light brownish/reddish color, darker than the rest of my skin. There is no itching, no irritation, no pain or raised areas. The areas do not get weepy or crack open. The skin there feels like the rest of my skin - flat, soft, not hot or irritated, but the patches are obvious on my face, and they're also flaky, so whenever I try to cover them up, it's obvious because it appears to be very flaky.

I have tried everything to make these spots go away. Calamine lotion, regular lotion, Vitamin E, aloe vera, antifungal cream, calendula, lemon juice, honey, exfoliation, you name it, and there is never any significant or long term change in the appearance of the patches.

I notice the patches become more or less noticeable and defined at certain points during the day.

The rest of my face is clear, with no other skin issues. I wash my face morning and evening with a natural gentle face wash, and moisturize with Ponds face lotion right after.

I don't know what else to do about these patches, and if anyone has any tips about things that could help, I would appreciate it :)
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions