Dry skin / Rash

I'm hoping a Dr. can help me out. I've had some dry / red skin on the outside foreskin of my penis for a few months now, and it doesn't seem to be going away. At first I thought it was just dry and needed vaseline or other ointment to moisturize it, but that didn't seem to help.

I went to the Dr. last week and was given some anti-fungal cream. It's helped bring the redness and rash down, but the skin still seems to be flaky, red and slightly bumpy. If I retract the skin to reveal the head of my penis, sometimes there's a white buildup that smells.

I don't have any painful urination or discharge, so I'm not sure if this is a yeast infection or something else (hopefully not herpes). Since I've only been treating this for a week, I'm not sure how long I should wait to see if this clears up with the econazole cream I was given before I seek additional help.

Any advice would be most helpful.

Many thanks.

pic: http://i.imgur.com/VF76T.jpg

pic: http://i.imgur.com/ddxGd.jpg
This smelly discharge under the skin of the head of penis can be due to fungal infection.  Keep on applying the topical antifungal that you have been prescribed since it takes a few days for the fungal infection to respond to the topical antifungals. Also keep the area dry, wear loose fitting clothes, and change undergarments at least twice a day. If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done for recurrent fungal infection. Various reasons for recurrent or persistent fungal infection are incomplete treatment, treatment resistance, co-existing dermatitis, diabetes and low immunity. Treatment resistance can be overcome by applying a cream with a combination of antifungals (Clotrimazole 1%, Miconazole nitrate 2%, Tolnaftate 1% and Butenafine hydrochloride 1%).

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.