Face breaking out in little bumps than drying out

I'm a 26 year old female. A couple of weeks ago I was out of town on business and forgot to pack my normal face wash, so I used the Hotel's soap. When I got home, my face started to get these strange little bumps all over the skin. They were not red or itchy, they did not have a head like a pimple, but my face felt like lizard skin. You couldn't see the bumps unless my head was tilted in the right light, but I could feel them when I touched my face. Everyone I asked to look said they couldn't see what I was talking about, but I knew something was wrong.

A day later, my face became really hot and when I washed my skin with my normal soap, it started to burn really badly. I couldn't even put lotion on it afterwards because it burned like a sunburn, but I couldn't remember even being outside long enough to get one of those. Eventually my face became very dry (but not crusty...it was just like my skin was peeling but not dried skin if that makes sense) to the point where it would catch any makeup I would put on for work and it looked really bad. It started out on my cheeks, but eventually moved to my forehead and around my eyes (I've never had dried skin around my eye lids, so that was strange). I figured it must have been the face soap I used, so I got benadryl and aloe vera. The aloe vera burned my face too much, so I figured it wasn't a sunburn and the benadryl seemed to help. It was gone a couple days later.

Thinking I just had a reaction to the soap, I didn't think anything of it, but I was feeling strange at work today and noticed those odd little bumps are back and my face is starting to feel sensitive and red just like it did last time before it started peeling and burning. I'm home and have gone back to my normal cleansing routine, using the same cleaning supplies and detergent I always have. Even eating the same food. I can't figure out what I could be reacting to if that is what this is.

Do you have any ideas what this might be and are there any suggestions before I schedule an appointment with my doctor?

Thanks!

It can be due to contact dermatitis. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Wash the area with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort and take anti allergic medicine like Benadryl.

If the irritation persists then get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.