54k Members

Facial Cyst under Nostril

Hello

I have a cyst under my left nostril. It started out rather small but has started to grow and look inflamed. It is often irritated looking and unless make-up has been put on, it's redish in color.

Why it doesn't normal itch... it has in the past.

I would like this removed but I am afraid of the facial scarring as I am a 28 year old woman. Is there a way for the dermatologist or surgeon to perform the operation through my mouth?? I can feel the cyst on the inside of my lip.

I am in the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area of Texas and would love to find a doctor to see about having this removal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Since you have had the cyst on the face, to have minimal scarring of the area, we can follow minimally invasive procedure of surgical excision. The advantage of surgical excision is that the cyst is treated in one session. What happens is that the tissue immediately surrounding the sebaceous cyst is injected with a local anaesthetic. The cyst is incised and the contents squeezed out leaving the empty wall of the cyst. This can then be removed entirely through much smaller incision.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.