Infection on inner thigh?

I normally get small pimples on my inner thighs that come and go. But a month ago, I had an infected pimple on my left inner thigh. It was a big size and hard. I could feel the pain from it. The doctor put me on anti-biotic doxycycline. It went away. But recently, I have small lingering pain in the same area but not as much as there was with the pimple before. Theres no pimple there but still a dark mark remaining from the pimple now. Could it be that the anti biotic given before wasnt the right one?
The lump sounds like a boil or an abscess and the lingering pain is due to some residual infection. Consult a dermatologist and get a course of antibiotics. Also take some anti inflammatory pain killers like Ibuprofen prescribed from your doctor.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.