Is it safe?

Is it safe to use common over the counter wart treatments on ones penis? Im not sure if I have molluscum or what but if I can get rid of it by myself I will try. It has been nearly 4 years.
A wart is generally a small, rough tumor, typically on hands and feet, that can resemble a cauliflower or a solid blister. Genital warts (or Condyloma, Condylomata acuminata, or venereal warts) is a highly contagious sexually transmitted infection caused by some sub-types of human papillomavirus (HPV). It is spread through direct skin-to-skin contact during oral, genital, or anal sex with an infected partner.
Genital warts often occur in clusters and can be very tiny or can spread into large masses in the genital or penis area.
Genital warts may disappear without treatment, but sometimes eventually develop a fleshy, small raised growth. There is no way to predict whether they will grow or disappear.
Imiquimod (Aldara) a topical immune response cream can be applied to the affected area .
Molluscum contagiosum (MC) is a viral infection of the skin or occasionally of the mucous membranes.Many health professionals recommend treating bumps located in the genital area to prevent them from spreading.
Molluscum contagiosum lesions are flesh-colored, dome-shaped, and pearly in appearance.
Daily topical application of tretinoin cream ("Retin-A 0.025%") may also trigger resolution. These treatments require several months for the infection to clear, and are often associated with intense inflammation and possibly discomfort.
So it is not advised for you to treat yourself.Get it examined by a dermatologist who will be able to make a more accurate diagnosis.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molluscum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genital_wart