Left side of the body-all symptoms on this side

For several weeks I have had flu like symptoms (couch, phlegm, mucus) that have not gotten any better, yet haven't worsened either. There has been no fever at all. While l have had these symptoms, my left leg (thigh area about one inch from the knee) has been developing small red painful and itchy bumps. The bumps would then form into one larger bump (red and swollen, warm to the touch), puss over, then scab. It is consistantly happening in the same spot on my leg. I have seen a doctor that has given me amoxicillan-which has not worked (there are 3 more bumps today). He could not figure out what it was. He ruled out a bite of any kind due to the continuous appearance of them. Also, when the bumps are beginning to form, I will get a very severe headache and sore throat (again, only on the left side) lasting for days. When the bumps are gone (for 2 days at max), the headache and sore throat will also disappear. He ruled out strept throat since there is no gland swelling or spotting. Any help or idea? I scheduled another doctors appointment for 2 days from now and I am hoping to be able to find some sort of resolution.
Such a rash can be due to fungal infection or bacterial infection. It will be best to get the sore cultures for bacterial and fungal infections and then specific treatment can be started. Most likely it is bacterial and you may need a course of topical as well as oral or injectable antibiotics.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.