Lump in forearm

I wasn't sure as to where I should've asked this question, so yeah. My boyfriend is 25 years old, and he has a lump/bump/whatever on his left forearm about 2 inches long maybe, and maybe 1.5 cm in width. He says it hurts when you press on it, and at first I assumed it was cancer and started freaking out, but my friend is telling me it's possibly a cyst or a plugged lymph node. I'm pretty sure it's too big to be a cyst, but I'm not sure. We first discovered this lump about 3-4 months ago, and I think it's increased in size a tiny bit since then. Do you have any suggestions as to what this might be?

This kind of bump can be a swollen lymph node,a sebaceous cyst or a boil. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection along with other numerous causes.Treatment is usually cold compresses,over the counter anti-inflammatory analgesics(pain killers) like acetaminophen or ibuprofen,antibiotics if cause of infection is suspected to be a bacteria and surgical drainage if there is any abscess formation.

Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that has a lining that resembles the uppermost part (infundibulum) of a hair follicle and fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.Then antibiotics are needed.

Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle be staph aureus.Treatment includes antibiotics.

I would suggest a dermatologist’s evaluation to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how your boyfriend is doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.