Peeling Underarms?

Okay, so about a month ago, I stopped using commercial deodorant, and began using a homemade, natural mixture of coconut oil, baking soda, and corn starch. After a couple of weeks, my underarms began getting sore when I would sweat. And then one morning the skin became very dry and scaly and began peeling off in small clumps. It's worse on my left side. The skin left is often red and burning unless I'm entirely dry. Is this an infection or just my skin detoxing from the old deodorant?
It is possible that you have a fungal infection under the arms.
If they weep and crust over and get sore, this could be a bacterial infection.

Do not use anything on your underarms.  It may be that the homemade mixture may have some quantities that are not right.

Wash with water and keep as dry as possible.  Wear cotton clothes and non manmade fabrics that will make you sweat more.

Make an appointment to see your doctor.  If this is a fungal or bacterial infection, you will need specific crams or spray to treat it.