Possibilities in treatment of lip viteligo

Since 2006 there is frequent change in colour of my lips. in 2006 it has started as a sepatration of dark n light shade of lips & it was developed as a very small white spot. after three years it has grown to a size of 1 cms long and 0.3 cms in width. I started smokeing in 2005.I went to dermatologist but he has given me a dose of corticosteroid on Thursday and friday in a week I was not comfortable with that. Afterwords i took homeopathic medicine for a year but there is no use. Now I stopped smokeing.
1. Is there any role of smokeing as a cause.
2. Is it curable and how long it will take to cure
3. Is there any permanant solution with laser therapy
Lip vitiligo is a type of segmental vitligo. Treatment options include steroids, psoralen photochemotherapy(PUVA),depigmentation and surgical therapy like skin grafting, micropigmentation or tattooing and autologous melanocyte transplants. You should discuss these treatment options with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.