Red, itchy rash on both elbows?

I am a 24 yr old female and I've never had a problem with any kind of rashes or other skin problems. I normally have pretty healthy skin besides a pimple or two on my face every once in a while. Anyway, About 7 days ago I noticed small red dots that I thought were mosquito bites on both outer elbows. A few days later, they got bigger and expanded, leaving a raised, red, EXTREMELY itchy rash. The rash is not dry or flaky and does not have any excretion or leakage. It is just inflamed red itchy skin.  

This has been driving me insane for the last week and does not appear to be going away at all. I am a financially strapped college student and don't have extra money to go to the doctor right now. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what this might be and what I should be doing to prevent it from getting worse until I can see a doctor.

Also, I have not eaten anything out of the ordinary or switched lotions, soap, laundry detergent, etc.

Thanks,
Madison
From the symptoms, frictional lichenoid dermatitis and granuloma annulare need to be evaluated. Granuloma annulare is a chronic disease consisting of a rash with reddish bumps arranged in a circle or ring. Usually it is asymptomatic but due to cosmetic disfigurement topical or oral steroids may be needed. Please discuss this with your dermatologist. Also take some oral antihistaminics for the itching and wear cotton clothes.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.