Small lump under skin

My husband has a small lump right under his skin on the left side of his neck.  It is the size of a bebe and is easily moveable.  He has had it about 2 months now.  It is not discolored or painful.  He currently lost his job and is without health insurance at the moment.  Do you think this is something to be concerned about, and should be seen asap? Any info would be great.  Thanks -- Kelly
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be a swollen lymph node or a sebaceous cyst. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Other causes include allergic reactions, arthritis, cancer, metabolic diseases, and an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
Sebaceous cyst is a cyst below the surface of the skin and fills with a white cheesy substance called keratin. Apply warm compresses and consult a doctor for its evaluation.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.