Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.9k Members

What are these dark spots on the corners of my mouth?

I've had these dark spots on the corners of my mouth for the past couple of years: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=9zyhk4&s=9. They started out pretty small but have steadily gotten larger over the years, and they don't hurt or itch but feel uncomfortable sometimes. I used to lip my licks a lot, which was probably a factor, but I've stopped doing that for a long time. I saw my doctor a couple weeks and she said it was cheilitis(though I've never grown cracks or sores, just those dark spots), and prescribed me muriprocin to treat the supposed infection. That didn't work(I think it made it worse), and I'm getting really desperate because it’s becoming really noticeable. I applied vaseline for about a year, which didn't work, and neither did hydrocortisone cream or ointment. Now, I'm taking vitamin B2 supplements and using vitamin E cream, which don't seem to be working either. What do you guys think, is this angular cheilitis or something else? Any ideas or solutions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
1 Responses
oops sorry wrong community
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions