Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.2k Members

bleeding warts (scrotum)

I have warts/dark spots in my scrotum. They bleed sometimes. I am 58 years old.  My dermatologist cauterized what I thought was all of them.  Since then, I've had two episodes of bleeding.  This last one has been the worst.  I managed to reduce the bleeding but it took over 45 mins. I tried a syptic pencil; a frozen compress; gauze pads.  Finally, I had to put on a female sanitary pad  (my wife assisted).  What should I do ?  The situation is getting worse.

This discussion is related to Small dark spots on scrotum - some bleeding!?.
1 Responses
Hi,

It is usually unlikely that the warts bleed uncontrollably. I would recommend going back to the dermatologist and reconsulting in this regard.

The dermatologist may take a biopsy to ensure that the lesion is a wart for sure, if not previously done. Thereafter the dermatologist may cauterize all bleeding points and remove the remaining warts by himself/herself.

I think managing it at home may not give the best results and in case of a repeat episode, you may go to the ER.

hope this helped.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions