bleeding warts (scrotum)

I have warts/dark spots in my scrotum. They bleed sometimes. I am 58 years old.  My dermatologist cauterized what I thought was all of them.  Since then, I've had two episodes of bleeding.  This last one has been the worst.  I managed to reduce the bleeding but it took over 45 mins. I tried a syptic pencil; a frozen compress; gauze pads.  Finally, I had to put on a female sanitary pad  (my wife assisted).  What should I do ?  The situation is getting worse.

This discussion is related to Small dark spots on scrotum - some bleeding!?.

It is usually unlikely that the warts bleed uncontrollably. I would recommend going back to the dermatologist and reconsulting in this regard.

The dermatologist may take a biopsy to ensure that the lesion is a wart for sure, if not previously done. Thereafter the dermatologist may cauterize all bleeding points and remove the remaining warts by himself/herself.

I think managing it at home may not give the best results and in case of a repeat episode, you may go to the ER.

hope this helped.