54k Members

burned face.

Hello.
My face was burn two weeks ago. Now it is almost healed. I have been putting Gentamicin sulfate ointment on it first week, and after that i have been putting mupirocin ointment. Now i have minor scrape on my lid but other than that it healed pretty well. I have been treated in the hospital too.
I am really concerned about scarring or having darker spots left on my face. Doctors suggest to stay out the sun and wear sun block. Some friends told me to put shea butter, or coco butter on it, one even suggest take Vitamin E liquid pill and pour it on the burnt area.
I really would like even toned face. I can't afford bad skin since i am not that good looking. I still got to get married.

Please help. What can i put on my face to prevent or recover my natural tone skin?? (I am Asian if that matters)
One medicine which has been advised by many dermatologists for scar diminishing is contractubex gel/cream. You can seek your dermatologist/surgeon’s opinion before using this cream. Otherwise you can go in for glycolic peals, laser treatments and pressure dressings. Severe scarrings may need skin grafting by a plastic surgeon.

You can consult a plastic surgeon/dermatologist about these options and find out which one works the best for you.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.