doctor vs dermatologist for mole removal?

i was born with a mole on the front of my arm (very noticeable) 6mm in width (side to side) 9mm in length(bottom to top) that im going to get excised.
i already have had one smaller mole (on my wrist) cut off then stitched by my family doctor, but it left a scar a bit bigger than the mole and a bit pink, he cut the entire mole out, so it didnt leave a "line" kind of scar (i suspect this is because the mole is small). the scar is now more of my skin colour, but still a noticeable scar (i can't remember but i think it took either 1 or 2 years!).
the thing is, i think this might have happened because i went swimming in my pool (chlorine based), had direct sun contact (it was in the summer) and did not leave a bandaid on the wound with polysporin, and i think i picked at my scab too (i only know these things now because i researched it! my family doctor never gave me specific instructions!)
my doctor said he would make two cuts, so there will be 2 "hairline" scar marks. correct?
now i have one i want to remove that has bothered me all my life. should i go to a dermatologist or my doctor for the removal?
and is there a big cost difference? my family doctor says it will be $70 and not covered by insurance.

Thanks!!
There are many procedures of mole removal like by shave or deep elliptical excision, excision with cauterization (a tool is used to burn away the mole) and laser removal. Your dermatologist may choose excision with or without stitches, depending on the depth of the mole and the type of cosmetic outcome desired.

It is advisable to get it done from a dermatologist or plastic surgeon for better cosmetic outcome. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.