facial scar (dermabrasion,

Hello Dr.

Just wondered if I could get your advise on what would be the most advanced laser treatment/ dermabrasion for a facial scar looking irregular (not raised) on my chin,

Also, I have a small scar (looking like a small scratch left upper lip) and a tiny lump on my lip as a result of a bike fall.

My questions:

What is the most recommended type of laser/ dermabrasion treatment to reduce facial scars on the chin?

As for the scar on the lip, I am unsure whether the small lump that has appeared is a scar, a seroma, or else. I am going to visit a specialist for it. But in terms of treating the scar on the lip, can laser/ dermabrasion/ microdemabrasion/ be applied on the lip with any good results based on your experience?

Also, what is the best way to treat a small lump on the lip following an accident (teeth cutting outer lip skin) no stitches involved in ER?

Many thanks,
Ramon
The best treatment for the scars on chin area and small scar and lump on the lips is Q switch Nd YAG laser treatment.The treatment principle is that the laser from the device penetrates the surface skin, reaches the pigment in derma. Shortly after absorbing great laser energy the pigment expands and breaks into small particles which are to be removed from the body.

I would suggest you to discuss this treatment option with your dermatologist. Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.