Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

herpes and dehydration

i had herpes(cold sore)by kissing 5 weeks ago. since then i have this heat under my skin like fire. it gets worse when i go to bed. it goes in my sholders, arms. neck and face. am so thursty 24 hours, i drink 5 to six gallons a day. my skin is sooooo dry that everybody sees me they tell me whats wrong with your skin its so dry. i visited so many doctors some said its shingles others said noway. and am lost. please help me.
1 Responses
Hi,
IT could be due to herpes because the virus does colonize the nervous tissue and an outbreak does cause tingling/burning sensation.
Yours could be a variant version of the usual symptoms.Dehydration is a cause of dry skin, but there are so many conditions that could cause dehydration that you will have to undergo a thorough physical examination to rule it out.
Apply a lot of creams an keep your skin well nourished. If the symptoms still persist then you do need to be worked up to get to the root of the problem.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions