Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.5k Members

rash on penis that begins to lose skin

I recently had sex with my girlfriend. I felt a vibration through my penile tube for about two weeks after that would occasionally occur. However, everything felt and looked normal. We had sex again throughout this period. However, the last time she also gabe me oral sex. Two days later I noticed my penis looked like it had swollen right below the head and it itches. It then developed over the next few days into a rash that slowly darkened in color from red to a reddish/purple. Only on the left side of my penis, and it spread up to the left side of the head of my penis. Then within the week the rash began to have skin peel off and it looked like it was turning into a lesion. I went to my doctor and was tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis. The results came back negative. My girlfriend was tested as well and her results were also negative. While I was waiting for the results my doctor prescribed me suprax and doxycycline. Neither of these medications improved my condition and it continued to slowly worsen. So I went to the emergency room and they prescribed me zithromax. After taking the 5 day course I saw about a 80% reduction in my symptoms.  I therefore thought it was going away. However it has been two weeks since then and it appears to be swelling again and returning to its previous state. I am now very concerned since no one seems to know what it is and it gets painful. I have had empitigo before and it looks similar but not the same. Can anyone please help me?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions