remedy

my partner has developed an itchiness, no rash, on exposed areas of his body when sitting in the sun. Has never had this before. He is 55 years old and is an outdoor person
These symptoms can be due to solar urticaria. Ask your partner to apply a good sunscreen with minimum spf 30 atleast half an hour before going out in the sun. He can take non-sedating antihistamines such as Cetirizine or Loratadine(Claritin) when the rash appears. Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms. hE may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. Also apply calamine lotion and a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash.

If the symptoms are worse then it is best to consult a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.