skin problem after shaving

hi my wife gets this patch of dry itchy peeling skin after shaving. its always in the same spot. it itches so bad that she tries to shave that area as little as possible. it's raised. went to Dr. and he suggested a yeast infection of the skin but the yeast infection cream just made it worse. takes a couple weeks to go away with steroid cream. please help

thank you
From the symptoms it can be due to contact dermatitis to the shaving cream used or to the blades of the razor or due to eczema. Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Allergic reaction can occur to strong soaps, Solvents, chemicals, certain foods, food additives, plants, metals, cosmetics, even urine and faeces of some animals (dust mites).
I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.