I'm 19 and ever since I was 14 I've been having excruciatingly painful periods. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovaries (not PCOS, just literally cysts on my ovaries - except apparently mine are in them??) when I was 15. A scan I had back in January only showed 3 cysts on each ovary though.
Anyway, to cut a long story short I've constantly been having trips to the doctors with this pain. The doctors just keep fobbing me off and telling me to just take painkillers but it is literally unbearable. Back in January I was admitted to a general hospital because of the pain but urine samples and blood tests came back fine. They treated it as a water infection and left me to it. However, during that time in hospital I lost all feeling in my right leg after having it completely throb and feel like someone was trying to tear my legs off of my body. Oromorph, tramadol, paracetamol and cocodamol done nothing.
Here's a list of my symptoms, just to see if anyone else thinks it's endo really, because I swear blind I have it but NOBODY will do anything!
- Leg pain, to the point I can't walk. Throbbing, cramping, pulling pain.
- Painful bowel movements (Can be sat on the toilet for 2 hours straight crying because it feels like *possibly too much information* my insides are about to fall out). Horrendous pulling pain.
- Lower abdomen pain
- Bleeding from back passage
- Very heavy periods
- Achy/fatigued, no energy whatsoever
- Starts about a week before my period is due, lasts for a week afterwards
- *Possibly too much information again* but the inside of my vagina feels really swollen. To the point where its agony to use a tampon and I have to revert back to sanitary towels which isn't enough on it's own to hold the flow.
- Painful pinching then popping feeling on right side of pelvis at the bottom of my back, It's there all the time it's just worse just before/during/a week after my period.
My GP even said to me the other day "well there's nothing else we can do, you've tried all the painkillers and nothing has worked so you'll just have to deal as best as you can."
No referral to Gynaecology even after 5 years of this excruciating pain which just gets worse with every period. I'm due to come on my period any day now and I've been in the worst pain I've ever been in prior to the arrival of my period, so going on the fact that when I actually get my period is a thousand times worse than it is prior to having it, I'm dreading this one even more so than I normally do.
My GP isn't helping and A&E didn't do anything in January either. They've ran no tests for Endo and I've had no referral to Gynaecology. I can't walk, I've been in bed for 5 days unable to move bent over in pain feeling nauseous and dizzy with it.
Any advice? Sorry for the long post... Could really do with some help right now.
Thanks in advance :)