General Health Community
8.82k Members
Avatar universal

Bartholin abscess

Hi Im 14 and Im pretty sure I have a bartholin abscess. I was about to tell my mom (she's out of town) but then I researched it and found out that the doctor has to examine it before giving treatments. Is there any way I could get the antibiotic by describing it or is there a way that I can make it heal myself?
1 Responses
Avatar universal
A clinical examination is very important before advising any treatment. A painful lump in the vulvar region, fever, swelling in that local area are few common presenting symptoms of this abscess. Take analgesic like Tynelol for pain relief. To help healing, soak the area in a shallow, warm bath or a sitz bath. The cyst may break open on its own but if it is very painful it may need to be drained. An antibiotic course may be necessary. Visit a doctor for assistance. Keep me posted.
Best wishes and take care!
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482853437
80052 tn?1550346932
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.