General Health Community

Bartholin abscess

Hi Im 14 and Im pretty sure I have a bartholin abscess. I was about to tell my mom (she's out of town) but then I researched it and found out that the doctor has to examine it before giving treatments. Is there any way I could get the antibiotic by describing it or is there a way that I can make it heal myself?
A clinical examination is very important before advising any treatment. A painful lump in the vulvar region, fever, swelling in that local area are few common presenting symptoms of this abscess. Take analgesic like Tynelol for pain relief. To help healing, soak the area in a shallow, warm bath or a sitz bath. The cyst may break open on its own but if it is very painful it may need to be drained. An antibiotic course may be necessary. Visit a doctor for assistance. Keep me posted.
Best wishes and take care!