Heart Disease Community

Angina triggered by contrast dye anyone?

Hi everyone:

Am not sure if this happened to anyone else.

I refused to have an angiogram because I was basically terrified of the statistics.

Instead I was offered an angioscan which means being injected with the same contrast dye that is used for an angiogram.

Within hours I started suffering with unstable angina which lasted about three weeks, and still now, I seem to be getting angina quite a lot.

I read somehwere that sometimes the contrast dye can cause some sort of problem if you do have clots, blockages and calcified stuff in the heart.

Anyone else suffered with more angina after an angiogram or angioscan?

Many thanks for replies