Fluid in the heart with Pacemaker

My grandma had a pacemaker put in January and now she has fluid in the heart.  Doctors are saying that there is nothing that they can do.  I felt I should get a second opinion.  Is it possible to have the fluid drained from her heart or have a new pacemaker put in?  Thank you!
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Does she have fluid "in" her heart or around her heart? I'm no cardio but I thought the only fluid in the heart would be blood circulating through. I've heard of fluid around the heart in the pericardial sac. If it's just a tiny bit they can't safely aspirate it with a needle. Too much fluid and it would interfere with her heart beating. Guess she's not having that problem. Does she take any diuretics? That helps drain excess fluid. My Dad has a pacemaker but never seemed to have that problem. He tends to get fluid in his lungs (he has congestive heart failure.) I think I'd ask the docs if they expect it to resolve on its own.